Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

5mm nag or 2.5x powermate + 12mm nag t4

Hello

I'm trying to decide on what is the best option.

To get a 5mm nagler which will give me x180. Or to get a x2.5 powermate and pop my 12t4 nagler in it to give me x187

Is it better to have a high power ep or would using the powermate be just as good

Cheers

Jake

I think the 5mm T6 on it's own would be very slightly better but it would be barely noticable as the Powermate's are just so good. The 12mm T4 might look a little ungainly stuck on the top of the 1.25" 2.5x powermate but it would work pretty well though.

I think the 5mm T6 on it's own would be very slightly better but it would be barely noticable as the Powermate's are just so good. The 12mm T4 might look a little ungainly stuck on the top of the 1.25" 2.5x powermate but it would work pretty well though.

That's what I thought thanks for confirming that for me. The 12mm is already quite large and heavy add the powermate as well and I think I would be happier with the 5mm in the focuser

Archived