Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cannot get Registax 6 to open my .AVIs!

What am I doing wrong???? It keeps saying it cant read the number of frames, but then sometimes it DOES!!

Tried using SUPER to recode the .avi, still no go.Do I need to capture them in a particular format/codec? Is it because they are 1600x1200 pixel? The avi's play ok, so why cant Registax open them?

regards

Barry

What am I doing wrong???? It keeps saying it cant read the number of frames, but then sometimes it DOES!!

Tried using SUPER to recode the .avi, still no go.Do I need to capture them in a particular format/codec? Is it because they are 1600x1200 pixel? The avi's play ok, so why cant Registax open them?

regards

Barry

I am seeing exactly the same thing. I found that converting the AVI to a sequence of BMP files with VirtualDub allowed Registax 6 to do its business.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi guys, thanks for the responses,

Think I've sussed it, its all a matter of what codecs you have installed on your system, downloaded K-Lite codec pack and away we went!

The use of VirtualDub or something similar, I use Super, is good to take out dropped frames, Registax doesn't like them either.

Regards

Barry

Archived