Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Begginer upgrade help please

Hey everyone Im new to sgl,

I did set a post in the equipment help section but did not get many replies, did have one or two helpful bits of advice but im still a bit confudled on what to do. Basically ive been slowly getting to grips over past year with an 80mm helios refractor on an eq 2 mount and im now looking to upgrade. my budget is £300 at a push.

my main interest is lunar observation so I would like to upgrade to a scope that will be able to zoom in as close as possible to the moons surface to see surface detail (as best as possible within my budget obviously :D)

would anyone be able to point me at a good scope on the FLO website that would enable me to achieve this within my budget?

im currently looking at the:

Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 150PL EQ3-2

would this scope show much visual difference to what I can already see from my 80mm refrac? or would there be better scopes that will show more than what i can already see with my 80mm refrac? size and type is not a problem for me to be honest aslong as it gives the better results i dont mind hehe.

thanks in advance and sorry for the long post hehe :hello2: If i dont ask i wont learn i guess :rolleyes:

awesome! thanks for the reply because i was worried in case of bying a scope but not seeing a decent increase in visual performance haha I was considering the 200p as its 2" more but i was wondering because of the higher f rating it may be better as I would like to upgrade to specificaly view the moon and planets to be honest as dso's I enjoy trying to track down with just the 80mm. which out of the 150pl and 200 would show more lunar surface detail? thanks for the help :D

Archived