NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CS3 and actions - Help required

I have CS3 and a few actions that I have downloaded from the net. I put them in the place it suggests, and it is there as a .atn file along with default actions (command, frame etc). When I load the action in the actions window, only the default actions are visible. The ones that I have put into the folder can not be seen. Hence, I can't use them.

Is there something really silly I am missing? They are the right type of file (.atn), they are in the right place (same as other actions) - ANyone have any ideas?

Hey Sara,

From memory, and thats a bit hazy, although the actions are in the right place on disk I think you still need to load them in Photoshop.

If you have the Actions window open there should be a tiny black triangle on the top right of that window. Click that and select Load Actions and select the .atn file on disk.

Cheers

Ian

Here's a screen shot showing the actions in the correct folder in CS3 - It's only the default ones that show in CS3 when I try to load actions. They are there, but not showing - Can anyone else help?

post-18339-133877560818_thumb.jpg

did you paste the actions into the ps actions folder ?

I copied them into the actions folder

>windows dropdown, >actions, move to actions window,> ">>" and in the drop down look for "Load actions" >, then point to the action folder and click the one you want to load.

Does that help ??

Nope - I've done that, and when I load the actions, the downloaded ones don't show to load, yet they are there in the folder as per the screengrab :D

OK, got it working at last, so incase anyone ever has a similar problem, here's how I did it.

Open up CS3 and open the actions window (F9). Open up the actions folder in windows explorer and have both that and CS3 running side by side on the screen. Drop and drag the actions required from the folder in explorer into the actions dialogue box in CS3.

Don't know why it only worked that way?!! But that's good.

Archived