Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

eq5 synscan and hair lose.

roebuck

Just had my mount returned from OV due to power issue. First time out I set up in the normal way although clocks have gone forward so set current time and selected daylight saving to yes. Try to do a 3 star alignment and fails each time, single star aligment successfull any one have any thoughts have checked polar allignment over and over all ok.

Loosing hair rapidly with the problems:icon_scratch:

Thanks for your advise I have checked and re-checked

daylight saving is set to yes.

date is set to correct format mm/dd/yy.

current uk time set.

and still alignment failed.

If your polar alignment is out and you select 3 star alignment then chances are it will fail. Try choosing two star alignment, and use Sirius and Aldebaran as the two alignment stars. It should be successful with a close polar alignment, but you may find that when using the goto to an object in the opposite side of the sky the object may well be out of the field of view, even in a wide field low power eyepiece. The key to getting the goto working correctly is precise polar alignment.

Archived