Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jellyfish Nebula Widefield

Catanonia

Eventually I have got my WO66 and Flattener II sorted out and connected to my QHY9 and 2 inch filter wheel. Finding the right attachment for a M54 to T2 thread was a nightmare but I got it all working, connected and more importantly focused.

So here is my first proper widefield shot with the setup on the Jellyfish Nebula complex.

Details are as follows.

2nd April 2011 - Hazy conditions, but workable.

WO66 with flattener so effectively 300mm @ F4.8 ish

QHY9 + 2inch filters

Guided with ED80 / QHY5 and PHD / EQ6 Pro

Processed with MaximDL, PI and CS5

20 min each 2 x bin for LRGB in 150second shots for the star field.

2 hours Ha in unbinned 10 min subs at 8nm

I hope you like it, the bright main 2 stars are a pain to process.

post-16631-133877558283_thumb.jpg

Nicely done cat... yep from memory they are a real pain...

Is the labelling right .. your talking abot the 66 and FFII but its labelled MN190?

Something is ever so slighlty out comparing the the star shape on the left (good) and Right (stretched) edges...

The Monkey heads not too far away ...

Billy...

Is the labelling right .. your talking abot the 66 and FFII but its labelled MN190?

Billy...

Thanks Billy for the kind comments and to everyone else. I too have seen mainly Ha images of this framing and am pleased the way it has come out.

Oh and well spotted Billy on the title, so used to the MN190 now :icon_eek: I have changed the info and re-submitted the image.

Archived