Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another happy first time Saturn spotter!

AstroGibbon

Very pleased with my little self! Over weekend we finally had a break in the clouds and I managed to see Saturn through my new ETX-90 telescope! :icon_eek:

I was very disappointed at first as it appeared just as a speck of light however it turns out I was looking at a star instead ( I think it was Arcturus :rolleyes: ) however after re-inserting my brain in the right way round I saw the tell-tale rings and also saw a moon which I am presuming was Titan? (you cant see the moon on this pic I took by sticking a point-n-click down the eyepiece).

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I know its not that impressive compared to some of the other efforts on this site but I was pleased as my back garden is absolutely bathed in light pollution so I wasn't expecting too much.

Sorry for going on..... I just wanted to tell someone... my mates & missus just think I'm just a nerd :D

• 3 months later...

Archived