NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cumbrian Star Party ??

Good Evening Fellow Star Gazers,

Sorry I have not been around for a while, work commitments - Grrrr ! Anyhoo. I have returned to the old light bucket and noticed I am quite out the way of things. I am slowly getting there with the thanks of all the posts I am reading here on Stargazers.

This brought me to thinking why not have a brainstorming star party.

I live in Cumbria, I have quite dark skies (rural location), could offer camping space at a low cost (I have a couple of acres of grass) plenty of car parking space (other than the grass) and have a great warm welcoming environment and family around me. What more would I need ??? This is why I have posted this thread - to see if there would be an interest from yourselves and to find out if I am missing anything, after all I am a very amateur amateur, Haha. I am thinking, when would be best - I would love to hold one soon. Would electricity be needed? I do have a barn I could plug in a couple of kettles etc, but no electric points in the field. Would we need to supply good old bacon butties. Many many questions unanswered. Please help by giving me some feedback. Many regards, speak soon, Delilahtwinkle. I am going now to get my dark eyes on - not a cloud in the sky. Woo Hoo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived