Alignment issue, please help!

I've probably just done something stupid, but whenever I try to align my scope, it tips itself back as far as it can go, and still tries to move back further. I have a Skywatcher Skymax 127.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Also make sure you know the "starting" position of the scope. For instance on my Vixen GP-DX its tube level pointing to right with motor on top. On another mount its point North... check your manual...

Thanks for the advice... I think it may be something to do with the fact that I didn't know it even had a starting position. It doesn't seem to matter what method I try; 1 star, 2 star or 3 star, it always seems to want to point towards a star it can't reach.

Hi,

I had this exact problem with mine but it was down to me upgrading the firmware with EQ mount software instead of ALT/AZ.:icon_eek:

Once I sorted that problem out I then made sure that I started with the scope pointing North and at O on the Alt Scale.

2 star alignment works pretty well for most observation sessions. Don't forget to enter the date in US format i.e. Month/day/year.

Hope you get it sorted soon!

Archived