Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Killer Accessory - first seaon report.

neilmack

Since it didn't have "Astro" in its name, and didn't come from any known dealer in optical goods, it might be questioned whether this is properly classed as an astro accessory, but believe me, it was last autumn's star buy : a padded overall. :)

Not only did this sensationally functional garment keep me warm, even in December, as hoped, but its comprehensive suite of soft-touch lined pockets proved ideal for storing eyepieces safely and free of dew. It's a one-piece outfit and so there are no longer any nasty draughts in the small of my back, and my legs have never enjoyed astronomy so much on a cold night. It came with a useful adjustable hood, and is finished with high-reflectivity strips, which is jolly useful if I mislay a limb in the dark. Being designed as workwear, it has reinforced knee pads (which can be stuffed with additional padding if required) which is just great for kneeling to see the screen on the back of the DSLR when the scope is pointed near the zenith.

Probably the best invention since the anorak. Dickies Waterproof Padded Overall WP15000 dickies workwear

Archived