Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Haze

JamesC

:D I concur Spaceboy,

As one newbie who was inspired by Stargazing Live and went out and bought a scope + accessories, my new hobby has been a little stalled! It is frustrating and I have stated so in other threads (apologies). I suppose with astronomy, patience is a virtue and you should have to roll with whatever weather conditions prevail. One seasoned stargazer did tell me, "don't be too concerned about weather, one thing is for sure...the cosmos will still be there when the fog lifts" - that over the last few weeks has become my mantra!

Saying that it was good to have a gaze through the haze last night.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had the chance to go out for the past three weeks despite the high pressure that we had over the country a few days ago, the transparency has been awful which has ruled out deep sky (my main interest). Even on the reasonably clear nights I have been just knackered and have no motivation to go out at all, plus I usually have to get up for work at around 6:30am.

I am hoping for some clear nights at SGL6, even if it is only for one night, I need to get my astro fix!!!

Archived