Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revelation 12 inch Dobsonian primary mirror bolts - spares anybody?

snavekram

Hi there,

I have acquired a second-hand Revelation 12 inch Dobsonian telescope which unfortunately is missing 2 of the 3 primary mirror holding bolts and all 3 of the primary mirror collimation bolts (not sure of my terminology here by holding bolts I mean the ones with the screw slot head and the collimation bolts are the ones you adjust with the hex key).

I can get bolts which will do the job but I would like to obtain original or near original ones to get the scope looking good. Has anybody got some laying around (long shot I know) or do you know where I can get hold of them?

Also can someone confirm the parts involved in supporting the primary mirror. I think that the holding bolts go through the telescope base then through a spring then into the bolt hole of the mirror support bracket. I think that the colliamation bolts go through the telescope base and press the mirror support bracket which allow you to adjust the mirror.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark

Not sure about originals, but I'm sure Bobs Knobs could help with replacements www.bobsknobs.com

I think that the holding bolts go through the telescope base then through a spring then into the bolt hole of the mirror support bracket. I think that the colliamation bolts go through the telescope base and press the mirror support bracket which allow you to adjust the mirror.

Correct

I can take a picture of the base my 10" Rev Dob tomorrow if you would like something to go by.

Kain

Archived