NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter dusk

After a wonderful spring day out in the sunshine I decided it looked good for as go at seeing Jupiter for possibly the last time until after the summer. With Jupiter getting lower and the evenings getting lighter, plus the dreaded cloeds, I doubt we'll see much more.

So, as sunset approached, I headed off to the top field, armed with my 20x80s and my, barely capable, fuji camera, each with tripods.

The sunset was wonderful, from my vantage point it passed between two mounds on the hill opposite, painting the sky.

DSCF7706.jpg

DSCF7721.jpg

Once the sun was down, I set about searching. Unable to locate Jupiter, I hunted for Mercury, which I eventually found. Using Mercury as a pointer, I then soon found my quarry.

Jupiter looked so peaceful, a white dot against a pale blue sky. As he dropped towards the horizon, entering the rich red evening sky, Jupiter began to appear a deep pink, still obvious against the sky. Lower and lower he fell, yet I could still see him clearly, even as he finally fell below the roof tops across the valley, he was there, Jupiter.

jupiterdusk-1.jpg

Archived