Eyepiece care

That is correct allow them to dry out before replacing caps, treat yourself to one of those big photographic blower brushes, but do not use the brush which should pull off, also some Baader photographic wonder fluid and microfiber cloth from FLO and some cotton buds and you are set up. keep your ep collection in a case or bolt bottles.

John.

What is the recommended after use care, I leave caps of so no condensation stays inside cap and close them in the morning. Also do the same with scope and finder.

I do exactly the same. you are doing the right think as far as I'm concerned. eyepieces like mirrors don't need to be cleaned that often. never is best, very occasionally OK too.

Hmmm - I find the opposite works. I cap them when outside and don't remove caps until the morning.

If you take cold eyepieces or scopes indoors with the caps off they get drenched in dew. With the caps on this doesn't happen.

I guess ultimately it doesn't matter so long as dew isn't left on the optics for extended lengths of time.

I usually checked the eyepiece when I'm outside. If the optics is clear, I cap them before taking them inside and wait for a few hours before opening them. If the optics is already dewed up, I taken them inside without cap and let them dry. I stored my eyepieces in sealed box with a pack of rechargeable silica gel.

Archived