Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2nd go with a Tal 3x barlow

tyke

Quite happy with this result.....just one question,ive been trying to keep the gain below 50,im sure ive read that at this level detail can be drawn back in registax,is this right?

How do i get more brightness without blowing detail?

Thanks

post-18611-133877548476_thumb.png

Yes, that's a nice shot - which scope and camera did you use?

Like you I try to keep the gain at 50 or below - any higher and it introduces noise. I also have had trouble with the 3x Tal on my Mak127 - the image always seems too dim with the spc900 webcam, even at maximum exposure. I've seen good shots taken with that set up though so I know it can be done.

How do i get more brightness without blowing detail?

Thanks

If you can beg steal or borrow Photoshop it is very easy to brighten without too great a loss of detail.

Attached are quick edits of your posted images .......... the tools in the History list were used on both and how you use them can be varied to suit your taste............Nice captures by the way. :)

post-13495-133877548652_thumb.jpg

post-13495-133877548655_thumb.png

Very good image! Gain needs to be high with saturn...someof the best shots are done at 100%. Noise is not an issue if at least 500-1000 frames are stacked and only wavelets 2 and 3 are used in registax (set them at around 30 each). Brightness can be increased by stretching histogram in registax.

Archived