Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first Saturn

smerral

I'm reasonably pleased with this, though I reckon it could be a tad sharper. I had originally intended to use the Atik, but of course there are always snags! I couldn't get an image, just noise! As I was becoming colder and colder and more frustrated I decided to investigate in the daytime, so I speedily rushed inside and got the webcam. Of course when I came out the cloud had come in. It cleared though and I got this with the Mak 127 and x2 Barlow. 1000 frames stacked out of 2000. I reckon the focus is a shade off but as a first it's not too bad. I've a feeling the problem with the Atik is something to do with my USB extension cable - will test later today.

saturn.jpg

That's pretty good for an f5 Malcolm - which scope?

Hi,

SW 200P EQ5 goto - I had to use a 2 x barlow with the NexImage to get the image, and focus was quite difficult as the air was fairly turbulent above the shed !

Archived