Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen R200SS

Hi SGL, I am hoping someone may be able to shed any light on this Vixen R200SS scope, by shear co-incidence, ie walking my dog I got talking to a guy who informed me that he had 2 telescopes that he had never had the chance to use due to ill health, this is one and his other is a Skywatcher 150P. That I am familiar with and it will be up for sale in due course, this Viven is worthy of consideration from myself, it was bought by him for £600, he claimed, and that the origional owner paid almost £1700 for it and after doing a search on the net I have seen some similiar models which do give info and price's on the current models though not as expensive as he stated, it has no packaging or proof of purchase etc not that I am thinking any illegal goings on but do wonder what would be the going rate for such a scope. I know Vixen are very highly regarded so thats one positive and it does seem to get some nice reviews on line.

Anyone have any opinions?

There was one that sold for £525 or thereabouts on astrobuysell last year so £500 would seem about right. These have 10th wave optics and you can get a coma corrector specifically for it that will give a very flat field.

There was one that sold for £525 or thereabouts on astrobuysell last year so £500 would seem about right. These have 10th wave optics and you can get a coma corrector specifically for it that will give a very flat field.

thanks angus :)

Archived