NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fed up with Dew

I am thinking of buying a dew heater controller and strap for my Tal 100RS. A two channel one is about £45 minus the strap. I was out last night and had about an hour before admitting defeat to the dew. I was going to run a lead out from shed and connect wifes hair dryer up but set up the dob instead. Anyway. My question is, are these dew heaters worth the money or has anyone came up with any other ideas on how to combat this pest.

Cheers

Damo

I used dew strips for the first time last week. Or I nearly did, as I bought two but one was DOA.

I put the remaining strip on my Equinox imaging scope ans set it all off taking subs. About an hour later, the tracking graph on PHD was going haywire, showing massive adjustments to the tracking. I had a shuftie at the scopes, and the guidescope was dewed up completely (which was confusing PHD). The imaging scope was completely clear. So I would give them a resounding thumbs-up!

Archived