Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EOS utility download for Windows 2000

RikM

Can anyone point me to a link for version of EOS Ultility for a 1000D that will run on Windows 2000?

I have either a very old laptop running Windows 2000, or a Windows 7 Starter netbook with no CD ROM drive. So I can't get EOS Utility loaded onto either of them, and I can't take the PC out into the boonies.

I have a timer remote to control the camera shutter, but I want to use the liveview focus buttons on the big screen because it is so much neater than manually focussing using liveview on the camera.

That sounds like a plan for the netbook, I will give that a go.

The only reason I kept the laptop was to dedicate it imaging use, but with it running Windows 2000, most applications don't run on it. The EOS Utility disc pops up a message about "OS not supported, load latest service pack and try again". If I can find an old XP disc I will try that, I don't think it will cope with Vista or W7. It's quite a nice little Sony and was quite capable back in the stone-age. It runs Photoshop elements and QuarkXpress now.

Hmmm...thanks for that. It's a 2001 3/4 size Viao, dinky little blue thing. Still, it'll give me something to swear at other than next door's cat...

Thanks for the tip about dumping the CD content onto a memory stick though, I have a few applications that I would like on the netbook and couldn't work out how to do it.

You can download EOS update tool from canon. This won't install the program, only update. However, you can run a small register file to fool the updater to belive you have a faulthy installed version already, and will update and install newest version for you. Unfortunaly i dont have the reg file available here as i'm at work, but can upload it when i get home if this is wanted.

With that, you simply run it, click "ok", then run EOS updater and install the program like normal as if it was from the CD, just that you of course get newest version, not the CD version.

Thanks. I will try and copy the CD across using a memory stick first, but if I get no joy from that, I may have to ask nicely for that reg file. I am not to hot with computers. I can push the buttons and get them to do some of the things I want, but I have no clue what goes on inside the box :o

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the Sony 'upgraded' to XP pro and it will run EOS utility, but nothing else at the same time. Can't even preview pics. I will keep it as a back-up just in case, but...

I got everything I want loaded up on my little netbook by copying it to a USB stick for transfer. I did need to plug in a full size monitor to get it to install, but the long and short of it is that it works. :hello2:

Very many thanks to all to helped on this thread. :hello2:

Archived