Barlow x2 and DSLR connectivity

Excuse my ignorance but this is all very new to me . Firstly , I will be ordering a Skyliner 150p this week and I have a couple of questions (there will be more !)

Does a Barlowx2 fit straight onto a 150p ? Does it go between the scope body and the eyepiece ?

Also , I know the 150 has a DSLR connection but how does this work ? Do you just take off the camera lens and attach to the scope or do I need any other bits ?

Also , can I use the Barlowx2 and the camera attached at the same time ?

Really excited about the hopefully clear nights to come , so many questions swirling around my head !!

Thanks in advance .

Can't help with your model specific questions but the Barlow, if it's just a standard 1.25" fitting; then the eyepiece goes in the Barlow tube and the other end into you focuser.

To use the Barlow with a DSLR you'll need a T2 camera adaptor and a 1.25" to T thread adaptor. Note: because of the depth of the camera body (55mm) the Barlow will actually give you closer to x3 than the original x2.

HTH

Archived