Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Blue

Does anyone know where I can get "skywatcher blue" paint to touch up a few sratches on a tube Ive just bought? I found a thread on here from 2005 asking the same question and the recommendation then was to take a sample - ie the finderscope - to a local car repair workshop to match the colour. I was hoping that in the 5 years since that post someone would have managed to get a colour match.

here's hoping :o

L

What you could do is have a custom automotive paint supplier make up an aerosol can based on the finderscope sample. Alternatively have them make up some nice pearscale lacquer and paint the tube a custom colour (deep purple would be my choice :o )

Obviously strip the OTA down before spraying

To be honest, touching up dents and scratches will still show, even if you could match the paint... I would carefully strip the OTA (remove the mirrors and end rings etc) then fill the small scratches with a thin skim of car body filler, then rub it all down with some fine wet n dry (1200 grit) to flatten the finish on tube. Then you can spray the tube any colour you like, including Ford 1965 Portofino Blue which looks to be a close match :o

Archived