Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spider vane screws too tight...

I was following Astro-baby's collimation tutorial, and found my vanes are not central....I tried to turn the screws but they are so tight, I can't turn them. They make a kind of 'plink plink' noise when I try, and the vane itself starts to twist and bend. I guess that's not the correct way to move the secondary into place :o How can I get them undone without damaging the vanes?

perhaps try slackening the opposite screw first as the vanes will be taught to start with. There will probably not be too much adjustment you can make, just a few mm. Hope this helps and not just stating the obvious :o

I have tried each screw in turn....and yeah it only needs moving a few mm one side, but I can't move it :(

I can't get the screws to turn without making that plink sound...like it's about to snap? :o

Archived