Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SPC880 help

wpitcairn

Hi I just received my flashed SPC880. This came with a nose-piece but I'm not sure how this gets mounted onto the telescope as there is no clamp or thread to attach to the nose-piece.

The telescope is the SW 127 Mak

Thanks for the reply, I did work out the nose-piece goes, but how does the camer attach to the small end of the nose piece does it just get held against the NP? I thought it would be clamped somehow.

right i understand what you mean now,

o.k. firstly you need to remove the lens on he webcam, a pair of sissors slighlt open and place them under the gray lip of the lens focuser, rock the sissors and the gray cap will come off, it just clips in.

then unscrew the lens, then the nose piece screws into where the lens fitted.

I think you're asking how you attach the nosepiece to the camera itself(?).

Please forgive me if I'm starting too far back, but when you receive the webcam, it has it's own plastic focuser in place. In order to fit the nosepiece, you first have to remove the plastic focuser. You can unscrew this, but eventually it won't unscrew any further - It's at this point that you need to carefully prise it off (I used a small screwdriver).

When it's removed, you can then screw in the smaller end of the nosepiece where the plastic focuser was...

(Does that help... Or have I misunderstood...?)

Archived