Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

goto systems

hi

i have a skywatcher 150p and i believe it has a EQ-3 stand. I am looking at a goto system to make life easy and wondered if anyone could help or if anyone had one for sale? found a few online but there £300 i thought i had seem some for less than this a while ago.

thanks

Hi Oakwell - if that's £300 for an EQ-5 or CG-5 with goto then it's a great price assuming it's all in good working order. Either of those would take your scope very comfortably and be a lot more stable than anything less. The ones you saw for less than that price are probably alt/az versions. Hope that helps :(

Concern is that a goto system for the EQ3-2 cost a lot more then the EQ3-2.

I would guess that the 150P is at the top of the weight that the EQ3-2 mount could take so tracking could be a bit uneven and as the mount is light so not as stable as would be prefered.

As EQ mounts and motors/goto often mean thoughts of astrophotorgaphy then I would say that a goto EQ3-2 would prove unsuitable and you would immediatly want/need a motorised/goto EQ5.

Hi Oakwell - if that's £300 for an EQ-5 or CG-5 with goto then it's a great price assuming it's all in good working order. Either of those would take your scope very comfortably and be a lot more stable than anything less. The ones you saw for less than that price are probably alt/az versions. Hope that helps :(

thats not for the stand thats just the goto box to put on my mount!

Archived