NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

skywatcher synguider help

Tried setting new synguider up to night focused using EP connected guider no stars visible altererd noise,pixles, zoom just about every button but still nothing any suggestions /advise:icon_scratch:

Never tried synguider, but i had similar problem with my webcam when trying to use it for guiding at first. Turned out ir was all about me missing on the focuse.

First, find a bright star, like capella, sirius or similar and have it in the middle of teh EP. It's a lot easier to focuse on a bright star. when you got the focuse good, then you should hopefully be able to see fainter stars also.

Not that my webcam can see fainter stars anyway, but i didn't know this at that time (as i was using av F/4 scope and kind of expected to see more), and therefore was unable to see anything at all before focusing on a bright star first.

Make sure you have a bright star in the ep fov before you fit the synguider, so you know theres one there. Fit the synguider then play with the noise and exposures till you get an image, you may have to play with the focus as well, if its way out you wont see anything as the out of focus blob will take up all the screen.

Then once youve done that with a bright star mess about on fainter ones to get an idea of settings, I found you have to take the noise filter right down to single figures, also the blessd thing would default to a high filter value every session thus forcing me to adjust every time.

Once mastered you will surprised at just how sensitive it is.

Philj

Archived