Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

sw 200pds eyepiece and filters advice need

Hi there,

I have just brought a sw 200pds and have the 2" 28mm wildfield eyepiece and i also have a 7mm baader ortho eyepiece and i also have a 2X barlows as well.

What i would like to do when money permits is to buy some more eyepieces for my scope so what i was wondering is what i should be look for? i like looking at planets and the moon and i also like to look and nebulas .

I do like the 2" 28mm EP because of its Fov but i can amagine these would be expensive so i dont mind 1.25"ep's

Also what filters would people suggest for getting the best views of nebula and planets?

All help appreciated cheers dazz:)

The Orion Ultrablock is a good filter for nebulae.

A number 29 red filter is good as a moon filter which protects dark-adapted eyesight

Otherwise, those coloured filters for planets are a waste of time and money IMO.

I have built up a collection of GSO Revelation and Meade 4000 plossls. The GSOs are good EPs, and inexpensive too - a real bargain.

Now though I'm looking to upgrade the EPs I use most with wider field of view EPs. I've decided to buy Hyperions due to their 68degree FOV and price - I think they give the best bang for the buck :p

Other EPs I would expect to see mentioned in this thread would include TMB Clones, Paradigms, and the always popular, though more expensive, Televue range.

As for filters, a moon filter is a must, and I've also chosen an OIII filter too. It helped me get wonderful views of the Veil Nebula last year :)

You already have a nice range with the 28mm and 7mm so perhaps a 16mm (well, 15mm-17mm would widen your options a lot) would be a natural focal length to bridge the gap between the two. There are masses of eyepieces in that focal length range, do you have a budget in mind?

Archived