Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PecPrep results

Having tuned my NEQ6 and finally gotten hold of a lodestar I decided to use PHD to capture some log files in order to see what level of periodic error I was getting with the modded setup.

I've attached the initial screenshot and would love someone to tell me what I have done wrong here as this seems to be very low periodic error....if I'm looking at the right numbers.

I'm sure I've done something wrong here...but I did set the correct focal length, pixel size and binning....although given that PecPrep seems to have destroyed the original log file I'm not sure how to check!

Cheers

Michael

post-17582-13387754232_thumb.jpg

Did you remember to turn guiding output off when capturing this data?

To me this looks like a guided log although if it is the guiding parameters could be optimised a little further as there is clearly still a 122 second period signal in there (stepper gear) which really should be guided out.

Did you enter the star declination and check the compensate for DEC box? This will affect the amplitude when PECPrep does the conversion from pixels to arcsec.

PECPrep shouldn't destroy your original log - it does create a new file though (with _EQMOD suffix) which is the PHD data converted to perecorder format.

Chris.

Thanks Chris,

No I didn't switch guiding off....that explains a lot! I will setup and try again.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to guiding so any times on which PHD settings I can tweak to get that guide error out would be appreciated.

I will try guided and unguided at the weekend (skies permitting)

Looks like PECPrep could be a bit of a handy tool when chasing long guided exposures.

Thanks again

Michael

Archived