Question about goto

This might sound dumb but...

If you have a goto mount, and do a regular polar alignment, and then you do a 2 or 3 star alignment, does it make the tracking any more accurate to allow slightly longer exposures?

I asked a similar question earlier today. I spent a long time tonight getting a good polar alignment and as a result I have been tracking the same star for over 30 minutes and it hasn't moved from dead centre. Very pleased with what I learned tonight, so much so I'm now looking for a DSLR.

Good stuff! I've just come in from imaging M63. Stacking it all now coz I'm too excited to go to bed! Good job I don't have to be anywhere in the morning!

Kind of stumbled across it accidentally while doing a sweep with a 25mm eyepiece. I'm seriously thinking about adding the goto upgrade to my mount... Decisions decisions...

Oh and as a side note - Carte Blanche is a serious tune :)

Good stuff! I've just come in from imaging M63. Stacking it all now coz I'm too excited to go to bed! Good job I don't have to be anywhere in the morning!

Kind of stumbled across it accidentally while doing a sweep with a 25mm eyepiece. I'm seriously thinking about adding the goto upgrade to my mount... Decisions decisions...

Oh and as a side note - Carte Blanche is a serious tune :)

Looking forward seeing the picture of M63.

Archived