Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSS Question

I am having some issues when stacking some Images.. I have 31 Light Subs and 1 dark. DSS stacks all frames and subtracts the dark fine but falls over before/during final image.

I originaly had Drizzle x3 turned on but it would only stack 11 subs before dying. Any ideas on settings to help stop this would be welcome. I use drizzle as I am using Alt/Az mount so I am trying to combat as much rotation as possible. All the pictures are 8mp which also may be hindering me and I am stacking the RAW files using standard stacking. I use the Auto Entropy on the lights as the HDR option also kills it around sub 11 during stacking.

Fija

If you want to Drizzle, you have to use the ROI settings. Click on the first frame in the lights list. The image will appear above. On the right hand side a number of icons will pop up. One of them (the top one I think) is a red box... Click it, and then click and draw on the picture. The red boxes will indicate the drizzle sizes at x2 and x3. It does work.

With only one dark, to be honest, take it out. You'll probably be ok, and use Kappa Sigma Median stacking.

How long are the subs ?

The subs are all 25s at ISO 1600. I only included the dark so it would clear the hot pixels.

Will try using Kappa in a bit and no Dark sub and see how it goes.

Figured if I needed more Darks I could just make copies of what I have as the noise shouldn't increase that much over 13mins of Lights all taken in sucession as the temp was pretty constant (cold).

Ok ran with Median Kappa Sigma and got a result.

Here is a crop of one of the original light subs

post-24339-133877540928_thumb.png

And the stacked with Dark in place as I forgot to do it without.

post-24339-133877540917_thumb.png

I am running it again without the Dark Sub to see what the difference is.

Fija

Drizzle doesnt like multi MPO images at all .. its ok if you select a smaller frame... but for full size images then forget it :p

Or you could try...

Drizzle stacking groups of images and then stacking the results as a possible work around...

Billy...

Yeah I had a play with Drizzle and decided to forget it the region was just too small.

Thanks for the insite :)

Fija

Archived