NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Atik Hyperstar Friendly Cameras

Atik cameras are working on a new camera format that will be of particular interest to those using the Hyperstar imaging system where central obstruction should be kept to a minimum. The new format will have a very narrow footprint making them suitable for use with even the smallest 6” Hyperstar module.

atik_hyperstar_camera.jpg

Based on Atik's highly respected 'Series 3' electronics the new cameras will feature very low noise, set-point TE cooling and exceptional power efficiency.

Scheduled for launch later this year.

PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS

Resolution: 2MP & 5MP

Pixel size: 4.4um / 3.45um

Size: approx' 60x135mm

PC Interface : USB2

atik_specification.jpg

An SCT at f2 is completely different from one at f10 or f6.3!!!

f2 is FAAAASSSSSSTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol.. I can see the market for secondhand SCTs picking up for modding :)

• 2 weeks later...

Only issue I can see with these is how you manage filters?! Almost need a manual single filter slot system to switch out the filters otherwise you're limited to mono full spectrum, colour (ewww) or having to unscrew the entire assembly each time.

4,4 pixel and 2MPix is probably the "old" ICX274 (Atik 320E)

3,45 pixel and 5MPix fits to quite new ICX625 (2/3") (or ICX655). It will be probably priced very high, as even industry cams with ICX625 are quite expensive. QE max is around 62% and it's an Exview so high QE in H-a and IR. I want one :(

What next? ICX674 in blue 314L? :o

• 2 months later...
Only issue I can see with these is how you manage filters?! Almost need a manual single filter slot system to switch out the filters otherwise you're limited to mono full spectrum, colour (ewww) or having to unscrew the entire assembly each time.

Nah, you just have four identical SCTs and Hyperstars with LRGB filters on. And a mount twice the size of a Paramount ME. :)

Wouldn't you simply use 6", 8", 10" or 12" filters? :)

Right, yes. Identical SCTs with Hyperstars and cameras, and 12" filters with holes in the middle. Four scopes for LRGB, another three for narrowband. Easy. :)

How come Atik make cameras the shape they do, in the first place? Why the disc shape instead of SXpress's tube designs? I guess they put less strain on focusers?

I love my Titan already, and see a 314L+ in my near future, but I do wonder about the reasoning behind their shape. And colour. How come different Atiks aren't different colours, like the black 16s, blue Titan and red everything else? I know they did gold 314s, but it'd be cool if each different model was a different colour. Or maybe cameras based on different chips. (It would also be really useful when looking at other rigs, so you could tell what cameras are being used.)

Archived