astronomiks light pollution filters

dudes and dudesses, anyone got any thoughts or opinions on astronomiks cls clip light pollution filters ive heard that they can give your image a blue tinge, and at around £110 seems alot of money to spend to change your orange tinted light polluted image to blue, ide just like to here what other peoples opinions are before parting with me hard erned sheckles

The CLS does give the image a blue/green tint, but, that's just a colour cast that the stacking process will even out (if setup properly) rather than a potentially massive extra amount of light from the LP washing over your target and swamping it. I've both the CLS (in clip and 1.25" fit) and the SW LPR... the SW produces a pinkish tint, and whilst it works isn't as effective as the CLS.

I use an Astronomik O-III filter in the 2" size. It's a pricey bit of kit but, for nebulae, it's really effective, even in smaller aperture scopes. In particular the resoloution of background stars seems much sharper than other brands of UHC and O-III filters that I've owned. I guess they use top quality optical glass as well as excellent coatings.

Archived