Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Making a Dob Mount, Part 2

DeejayP999

OK, I've now made all the parts for my Dob mount (from plywood) and I now need to obtain some "Teflon" pads for the altitude bearings.

Does anyone have a source for these? Or alternatively, does anyone know what are they sold as?

Many thanks!

Hi Deejay,

I managed to get some from fleebay when I did my dob mount, think they were sold as teflon sheets or PTFE sheets.

Mine were about 100mm square by 5mm thick, slightly thinner wouldn't make too much difference tbh. You can trim them down to the size you need size with a hacksaw easy enough.

I think the dob mount for my 200P is the best thing i've made so far, it's just made the scope a real pleasure to use and it's so easy and quick to set up / put away!

We will all expect piccies of the finished mount when it's done!

Hope it all goes well with your build!

Doc

I used some furniture glides from B&Q to run on a 2" wide circle of PTFE cut from a 600mm square sheet -

0.5mm - Direct Plastics Online

Cuts with scissors. I used carpet tape to stick it to the base, plenty left for the dec mount etc.

The dec movement is good. I used 3 furniture guides to prevent any risk of wobble, but I thing the weight of the mount is too high so rotation is a little difficult to start, OK one going but it makes fine adjustment difficult. Improvement is required.

Rob

Archived