SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Last nights Saturn

This was taken with an Orion Optics 8" F5, a ToUCam with a 3X TV Barlow. It is 243 images stacked from a total of 245. I am quite pleased with it, but I am sure you guys can do better than me!

Here is the Original image:

image.jpg

I then ran it through NeatImage and played about with PhotoshopCS:

image.jpg

tried Blinky , but there is something wrong somewhere with the image , the alignment seems out to me , were all the avi of good quality , if not and you had a few bad ones in there it could render the final stacking useless , just alittle tip when doing Saturn , i always say ,if you cant see cassini plainly ,then dont bother , but beside that , you must set a % for the avi frames , i use around 75 to 80 % , then i know anything above that quality should produce an accepatable image ,

Cheers

Rog ,

just keep at it , it will come one day ,

this was my first ever Saturn taken about 4 years ago , infact my first image ,as i started off with Planets,Toucam pro 2 with ir blocker

image.jpg

Archived