NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skyliner 200P FlexTube Auto Question

Greetings,

I'm thinking of getting a SkyWatcher Skyliner 200P Flex Tube Auto? If so, how useful is the "Auto" apart from tracking objects, and would I need to get other eyepieces alongside the eyepieces that are supplied (10mm & 25mm) with the scope; if so, which ones would you recommend? :)

Thanks

Don't underestimate 'tracking objects'

This is a very useful feature. Especially at high mag (when viewing planets for example)

The choice of EP is a massive subject. Have a search for peeps with a scope like yours to get some ideas........ (what's your budget?)

Cheers

Agreed, I much prefer the auto tracking to manually nudging the dob, also, even when not tracking I find the use of the hand controller for fine tuning when looking for object is much easier than nudging (though My nudging technique was probably poor, some find it easy)

Don't underestimate 'tracking objects'

This is a very useful feature. Especially at high mag (when viewing planets for example)

The choice of EP is a massive subject. Have a search for peeps with a scope like yours to get some ideas........ (what's your budget?)

Cheers

My budget is around £700. I guessed that tracking would be useful prehaps for some amateur webcam use on the dob, certainly not long exposure where an EQ Mount is more appropriate.

Archived