Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

250DS P ON HEQ5 and Pier??

I know the HEQ5 isn't really adequate to mount a SW EXP 250P DS but if was to put just the mount head(without tripod legs) onto a solid pier in the garden would this be ok to do?

A lot of people advise that the HEQ5 would be rather unsteady with an OTA of this size on even in a light breeze and can fully appreciate this after seeing the size of them but if was to build a pier in the garden and mount the HEQ5 head onto it i'm thinking this would be a lot more sturdier?? Or i maybe completely off the mark :rolleyes:

Any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated once again :eek:

Gaz

ps..update on the scope purchase...on hold due to Boiler going KABLAMMMMMO!!! :):mad:

A good chunky fixed pier sounds like the ideal solution if you're not going to be mobile with it :)

I was going to get me a good decent section of tubular steel(aquired from work at the discount price of free :eek:) then set it about 2ft down into a solid concrete base maybe 1msq then actually fill the stell with concrete too. I've seen a HEQ5 Pro Synscan for sale so thought of purchasing that for now then at least if i did want to go out the garden i still have a tripod too but understand how pretty vulnerable it may be :rolleyes:

Gaz

Archived