Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Second try with DSOs

Uhwaz

Finally after week of clouds it got bit better so tried few pictures

most are 800 ISO 3x30sec left by mistake f/22 so i guess ll have to try again :eek:

M65 and M66 were on bad spot in sky there was some light from night club but i guess it wouldnt b much better anyways

If u have any advice i take it :rolleyes:

post-24555-133877537644_thumb.jpg

post-24555-133877537651_thumb.jpg

post-24555-133877537658_thumb.jpg

Hi,

You Orion pic looks very good as a first attempt and beats my first attempt hands down os well done with that.

All I would say is if you are limited to 30 second subs unguided then I would stick to the brighter targets for now, Orion is perfect and keep taking loads of those 30 second subs and stack them before you know it you will have an hour of data which will be plenty to get a good result

Dave Moulton

Thx Dave ... Seems like anything above 8mag is very hard to see and above 9mag even camera won't take any decent picture does that sound right for 8" newt or should I try find darker skies ?

There is no substitute for dark skies i guess but to be quite honest you are doing fine considering the fact that you are not guiding

having the kit to take long exposures ie guiding is a big bonus. I have imaged 17th mag galaxies with a 80mm refractor.

Your 8" newt will be a big asset in delivering the goods with

short subs due to the extra light grasp. Just keep stacking those subs to improve the signal strength and make them as long as you can get away with.

Archived