Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

the next ep step?

i have mainly meade 4000 series ep,s which i find are reasonable but would like to take a step up the ep ladder so to speak.first off i would like to get a 5 or 6mm "quality" ep which will improve my high power end.maybe the tmb series or possibly televue.what do you think?

With your dob you have a 1200mm fl at f-5.9 so a reasonably good quality ep will be best. I use a TV 5mm Radian and that would give you 240x magnification. Probably the highest you'd want to go. An 8mm Hyperion at 150x magnification is also a good ep to use. Any good quality ep in the 5mm-8mm range would be good - don't know about the TMB's - I understand they're good vfm budget ep's.

To view wider fields (larger dso's) then UWans give "near" TV performance, I like the 28mm myself - hope that helps :rolleyes:

hi,sorry brianb scope is the 200p dob fl 1200 at fr 5.9.thanks for your comments brantuk very helpful,the tmb,s were mentioned because i,ve seen one or two good comments about them regarding vfm,the tv radians whilst pricey would seem as you suggest a good step up.i have the 20mm swa meade 5000 which is a great ep,so my idea is to start a collection a little at a time of better quality ep,s without going to the extreme,so the 5mm radian will probably be my starting point followed by something in the 8mm,13mm,maybe 17mm,keep the 20mm swa,and then look a a good 32mm widefield.btw hope one day to get down to the dark site with a few em members:p

Archived