Ive picked a scope

Learn to use it without the electronics first, that way you will simplify your task.

The scope is big, but easily handled if you separate the tube and the base. Be sure you have a secure, level place to set up.

Take it easy on the eyepieces for now, learn to use your new rig and then the nifty electronics it has - THEN see about adding to your kit.

Easy does it, friend!

And don't forget the photos of the new baby, eh? :rolleyes:

Dan

Hi Frankie - it was an auto so the first mod I did was add the goto handset. I've also put levelling feet on the base and a right angled finder to replace the straight through one. I also have a telrad coming cos I want to find out how to interperet star maps.

There's loads more ideas for mods though - do join us over at the "Dob Users" group - click link in my signature or click "Communities" top of any page and choose "Social Groups".

Eyepieces: I use mostly Hyperions, Swans, and Radians. But there are cheaper options like the TMB's which I understand are good at modest cost. Hope that helps :rolleyes:

Archived