Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

upgrade

Hi all

I have a 150mm newtonion on a SP mount which I hope to get drives for later on in the year, I also have a ETX 125 which I mainly use for planetary work, I am thinking of upgrading my Newt to a SW 200p for DSO's, apart from the extra light grasp would there be any difference in detail and what other issues might there be ie turnimg the scope to look through a ep.

The general recommendation is for more than a 2" increase in aperture if at all possible - so a 10" would be a noticeable step up from a 6". But too heavy for the SP mount of course ......

Have you thought about moving to a dobsonian scope ?.

Keith,

Also wondered about that,but the tube versions have been around for sometime now and are SW "budget" range of dobs. The flex tubes, both Auto & Goto models being newer just give more choice.... and decisions to be made by us all.:glasses1:

Also wondered if SW might bring out an Auto or Goto "kit" for the SW tube dobs in the future.:)

Jon

Archived