Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QgVideo - Stopped taking images - Have I done something wrong?

As the moon was big and bright I decided to have a look at it with my QHY5, connected to my SW 120ED scope. I was using QgVideo, adjusted a few settings and hey ho, there was the moon. Excellent.

So slewed it around a little to see the effects of a few other things, got bored, so went back to the moon. That was then where my problems began. I got nothing but a big white screen.

The focus had not been changed since my last view.

The exposure time (2ms) and the gain (13%) were the same. What I kept getting was a video file - Different to the picture file I'd got only a few minutes ago.

I tested the camera using PHD and it is working fine. The cables were all fine and the camera was being detected by the software. When I right clicked on the screen, I got the focus screen up, but it didn't have any figures on it and was dead compared to the time before.

Now I'm stumped and I've packed it all away. Does anyone have any idea what I may have done? Changed a setting?

Archived