Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

cgem updates

hi all i decided to update the hand control and motor firmware on the celestron cgem mount, ive downloaded the loading software and updated my belkin usb-serial adapter the adapter is reconised on my comp on com port 3 connected everything up turn mount on and started program the update software registers com 3 but on pressing next it says there is no telescope connected do i need nexremote or am i doing something wrong?

thanks

david

hi all i decided to update the hand control and motor firmware on the celestron cgem mount, ive downloaded the loading software and updated my belkin usb-serial adapter the adapter is reconised on my comp on com port 3 connected everything up turn mount on and started program the update software registers com 3 but on pressing next it says there is no telescope connected do i need nexremote or am i doing something wrong?

thanks

david

Most Serial ports when installed (USB-Serial) set their speed to highest....

On my CGE, it wants a speed of 9600, 8bits no flow control.

In the properties of the USB/Serial controller, there should be an advanced or settings button - the above settings should be able to be set there..

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Archived