Just a usefull link

Yeah - clear skies predicted for me from 18:00 to 21:00 tonight so I'll be sure to be out, set-up and cooled down ready for dusk!

Last night I managed the two star align on my scope during which the skies were OK. In the time it took me to find a suitable calibration star on my hand set (couple of mins max) the clouds rolled in and I couldn't see a thing. It was like someone threw a blanket over the sky and I've never noticed cloud just 'appearing' so quickly before.... And that was it for the night. Ggggrrr!

X6gas,

Sounds like an experience I had last week. I thought I had really upset some Diety.

Twice that nice I went out to clear skies setup and went to make a brew come out 2 mins later not a star to be seen. grrrr midnight - 3am was clear as .. but since it was school night had to leave it or my boss would not have been impressed.

I have found apanel and calsky are pretty good and are accurate to an hour or two for me.

Clear Skies,

Fija

P.S like Kevdan sorry for the cloudy skies wish I could get this LS-6 out for first light.

I've had my scope for a week and have barely managed to get it outside. Only managed a 2 star align once...

Saw yesterday that I have clearskies forecase for tonight from six, then realised I have a meal booked at 7 with the missus for Valentine's day...thing is..I actually thought about rearranging it ;-)

Archived