Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR Cannon EOS 1000D f3.5-5.6

yoda

Hi all after seeing somany fantastic pic's on hear it has inspired me to have a go, Now if I buy a skywatcher 200p (Eq5) and a Cannon EOS 1000D f3.5-5.6 will this setup fit the bill (£700-800) and will I need anything else to start off (I have registax) thank's all. All the best. (100% newbee to this sort of thing).

Hi Andy,

Bit confused by the 1000D description ... I guess there a focal length missing in your post... 18-55mm maybe - the kit lens?

DeepSkyStacker (DSS) is a free app for stacking DSLR deep sky images but Registrax can still bve used for lunar and planetary...

For Lunar an polanetary the webcam route is much better...

Is the version of the EQ5 that you are lookling at motorised .. you will want at least the RA axis motor driven...

I personally would start astrophotography with that kit...

Billy...

Yep...

the problem as I see it is that your going for a largish aperture fairly long focal length scope for your first foray into astrophotography... on a mount that whilst its fine for visula isnt ideal for long exposure astrophotography...

If you havent already got a copy I would spend a small part of the budget on Steve (Steppenwolfs) Making Every Photon Count...

Beginners guide to astro-photography

FLO also sell it not sure if they have the second edition...

Billy...

Yep...

If you havent already got a copy I would spend a small part of the budget on Steve (Steppenwolfs) Making Every Photon Count...

Beginners guide to astro-photography

FLO also sell it not sure if they have the second edition...

Billy...

The copy I got from FLO a few weeks ago was the second edition... I'd say it's definitely a must read before heading down the slippery slope... :)

Archived