NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dovetail / Megrez 90 query

Rautospoon

Hi, Can any of the Megrez 90 owners out there, confirm (or otherwise) that the (2 hole only) 20cm dovetail shown on the attached link will fit a Megrez 90 perfectly (with dew shield fully withdrawn and fully extended) and without "catching" on anything ?

(It looks to be about 16cm between the actual 2 holes)

www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p233.html

If not, can anyone suggest a sizel and make of dovetail that will be a perfect match for this combo ?

Many thanks.:)

Are you using tube rings or the Megrez90 foot for attachment to the dovetail? In either case I don't think you'll be able to attach to both holes on the dovetail, and I personally wouldn't want a scope attached by just one!

On my (original version with a slightly different L bracket I think) M90 I've been using the WO plate, both attached directly to the foot and via tube rings. In both cases its not possible to fully retract the dew shield when attached.

Helen

Are you using tube rings or the Megrez90 foot for attachment to the dovetail? In either case I don't think you'll be able to attach to both holes on the dovetail, and I personally wouldn't want a scope attached by just one!

On my (original version with a slightly different L bracket I think) M90 I've been using the WO plate, both attached directly to the foot and via tube rings. In both cases its not possible to fully retract the dew shield when attached.

Helen

Hi Helen, Thanks for the speedy reply. I am actually awaiting delivery of the latest version of the M90 with tube rings and no foot. I will probably be ordeing (from Telescope Services) a Giro 3 Mount and I need a dovetail that fits the M90 rings ok, then into the "saddle clamp" on the Giro.

Cheers !

Stuart.

Archived