NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

explorer 130p setup help

Hello to all,

I have just received my new telescope today from FLO.(great service)..its a explorer 130p eq2 mount....(now have cloudy skys)

i have assembled the telescope following the instruction manual carefully. The problem i have is that i'm unable to align the red dot finder scope.

i have attached the finder scope and tightened the srew...Looking through the telescope i have found centred a distant object, but no mater what i do when adjusting the finder scope there is just not enough adjustment in the altitude to get the dot on the object....The dot is always lower than the object :) any one else had any problems......

Please help

:(

Hi starman

If all else fails you could loosen the finder's mounting and stick a bit of card or something under the front of the mounting where it meets the scope, re-tightening the bolts. This would raise the altitude enough to come within your range of adjustment, hopefully.

I have just gotten the 130M myself with same finder. I adjusted it yesterday on the moon and it worked fine.

Sounds to me like you might not have the finder all the way in so maybe check there is not something obstructing sitting in the mount.

Yeah, maybe the RDF isn't mounted fully. You might also be choosing an object too close to the scope.

Even in this weather (cloud and rain) you could set it up to project onto a chimney top from your window and work on that. Then fine tune it the next time the moon is out.

thanks for your replies, i have made sure its fitted correctly, but still no joy, i also have both eyes open when aligning....just placed a piece of card in front which works.......contacted FLO and they're ordering a new finder for me........typical new scope and clouds are here.:(

Archived