skywatcher 190mn pro focusing problem

ive just purchased a 190mn pro and an neq6 mount, my problem is to get any focus im having to place the eyepiece almost all the way out of the eyepiece holder, ive tried with an ethos 13mm and a meade 26mm and there both the same, also ive tried with the focusers extension tube at different places, has any one else had the problem, also i didnt get a manual for the scope just one for the mount and the synscan deos any one know if there should be one for the scope

Are you focusing on astronomical objects, or nearby land objects? Even something hundreds of meters away will be at the limit of close focus on most astronomical telescopes.

Does it do this on stars?

I'd look on this as an opportunity!!

Sounds like you'll have great backfocus clearance for camera bodies!

In the meantime for visual I'l just get a 50mm extension tube and use that with your eyepieces. Remove it when you eventually fit a camera body for imaging.

You have picked 2 eyepieces that need a loads of outward focus travel as it happens !. A short (30mm) extension tube should do the trick.

Lucky it's not the otherway around - extra inward focus is very difficult to find - especially with a mak-newtonian.

Sounds like you'll have great backfocus clearance for camera bodies!

Not surprising really, the MN 190 is optimized for imaging.

A short extension tube (or a barlow lens with the glass elements removed) should do the job.

Archived