Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Probably happens all the time but.....

lankywolf

.... I was looking at Jupiter at about 7:15 last night through my bins when from the top left of my FOV came a spear of light which disappeared just before it reached the bottom. It took a while for it to dawn on me, but I had obviously just seen a meteor. Does this happen a lot or was I just incredibly lucky? It got me excited anyway!! :) This is only my 5th or 6th session, and first having my bins mounted on a tripod so I'm not sure if I will likely have this happen again.

On a side note I also spotted what I assume was a satellite when I was looking at the moon. I tracked it all the way across the sky until it disappeared behind my house. That got me excited as well.... It doesn't take much!!! :(

Its surprising how often it does happen, I was seting up last night and as I looked up a meteor flew past. Ok it was'nt as I looked through the scope but I have seen it before as I was looking through the ep, its pretty impressive sight when you do see it as are things like jets that pass across the fov when looking at the Moon :(

Archived