Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Please help with colours on 20 min orion stack from SXV-H9

I took 10x2 min of FITS files with my new(to me) Starlight express sxv-h9 colour camera/ WO megrez 72 with field flattener on NEQ6.

Debayered them to colour with the starlight express software and stacked them in DSS. I have no idea where the colour has gone! It seems really sensitive but I do need help with the colour (please).

Andy

I don't know anything about debayering the H9C with the SX software, but I have just started to use a colour camera (so no expert!) and use DSS, so this might help... I don't debayer before putting into DSS, I let DSS do that for me. There is a setting under the Options section labelled RAW/FITS DDP settings, open that and then click on the FITS files tab. You then get to tick to say that your files are colour. Your camera isn't listed, so you may need to play with choosing the generic settings until your files have the proper colours. DSS will then debayer for you as part of the stacking process.

HTH

Helen

OK, that helps. I think I need to take some calibration images to set up DSS for my camera. I wonder if anyone has any settings I can try in DSS, the camera is not here at the moment? I debayered using the generic GBRG settings which I think is the matrix for this camera. Any help welcome. This is trickier than I thought!

Archived