Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need help with focuser measurements!

After some reading the focuser travel is 74mm on the TS, 50mm on the TS monorail, GSO 79mm.

Mine is about 100mm and the only one that comes close to that is the Moonlight which is 115mm

Does this mean I have no option but to go for the Moonlight?

sorry to keep going on

No need to apologise. It's an important and expensive upgrade. The more info you gather the better.

Do you really need the extra focuser length?

My T-S focuser has about 3" travel, which I find is waay plenty.

If you do need the extra inch or so, a good quality extension tube(with compression ring) could be bought and added to the focuser.

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to bring this back up but I just wanted to say thanks again for all the help!

I went with the Moonlite CF in the end. I have to admit Im a bit excited about it arriving but I have a 3-4 week wait so I best settle down a bit.

Once the focusers here the scopes being shipped off to Stellarvue for them to tinker with it, replace the lens and make it into an apo. They have an aluminium flight case on their website too so Ill get one of those and it can be sent back in it. That will be it finished, my scope for life! :)

thanks everyone

Oh and if anyones interested Ive ordered it from FLO. Ive been speaking to a guy called Martin and he's been really helpful.

I ordered a WO dovetail plate the other day and it was dispatched like 20 minutes after I ordered it. Very speedy! I have so far only good things to say about FLO :)

Archived