NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Morgans

todd8137

Hi all i ordered a phillips spc880 web cam for astro work from morgans,

they provide a flashing service for a couple of quid to spc990n specs andsupply nose picir/uv filte i ordered on 26th jan and it arrived on the 28th jan with the post man they e maile me to confirm the purchase and phoned me to tell me they had posted it out to me that day and explained the returns procedure and if it did not arive ect great sevice and would just like to pass this on the camera wa cheap £9,flashed to 990n £2.34,filter £11,fiting for cam £11 great service fast celivery

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, im not one to moan and given the good reviews here Id like to get opinions on this. I am English but I work in Holland quite a bit. I get the feeling I am being treated differently because of this. I have placed 3 orders of with Bentham. I have ran my own business, I lost it to the crisis, believe me I have weighed this up in my mind for along time before I'd post such a thing on a public forum. I am at the end of my tether.

First order takes 3 weeks to arrive, the packages I send home or to holland rarely take more than 3-4 days tops. This 3 weeks wouldnt be so bad, the problems arose when I asked my my shipment was. I had 5 emails go unanswered, I spent almost an hour on the phone, got hung up on twice and was bounced from department to department. When I emailed in saying I want human contact or an explanation or I stop payment, I had an answer and an apology within 2 hours.

The second shipment is still not here, I have been waiting for 3 weeks again, after phoning in repeatedly i did get an explanation that it was only shipped yesterday, due to low stock, great thanks for updating me.

I placed a third order a few days ago, and within the hour I was emailed asking for more money to ship. This was a big order of 15 pieces, and on top of the 25 i already paid, they asked a further 15 pounds. I agreed to pay, although this is not allowed as the order was placed and the payment was made, done deal according to law.

I dont know how they justify this 40 pounds shipping for these cameras, we shipped an 80kg telescope in 2 boxes from germany to holland for about this price, I am aware Royal Mail is ridiculously expensive, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Now the final insult, they are refusing to ship my order until the 15 pounds clears, on an order of 350 pounds. Now I have made the payment, I emailed a list of all my grievances, and ask for contact details of the owner or manager and they have completely ignored it.

For anyone wondering why I keep ordering, they are the only people with the cams at the minute. My first 5 were for me, the 2nd 5 went to my club, and the latest 15 are a donation to a light pollution charity and a university's observatory. I am not a trader, just a very, very upset private buyer.

If anyone knows anywhere to buy these cameras please let me know, I will import them if I have to, I cannot continue like this.

:o

Update - The problem has been resolved, seems to be a few crossed wires here and there. I mourn the loss of personal service, but I guess this comes with the territory of budget supplies.

The shipping was incorrectly stated, I was lead to believe they charged more than they did. The shipping is half what I thought it was.

The end justifies the means, and ultimately I am happy my cameras are on their way. :)

• 2 years later...

I needed a new PC for the forthcoming observatory - my netbook is really rather slow and the screen is too small. Plus a serial port would come in very handy!

I ordered a nice lightweight laptop (Dell D430) with Windows XP installed, which arrived in immaculate condition the following day together with a docking station so I can leave everything attached and remove the laptop if necessary. All for a touch over £100 (there are 10% discount codes if you search online).

The only negative point, if I really have to find one, is that it comes with XP service pack 2 installed so you have to spend half an hour installing service pack 3.

Archived